Thursday, September 23, 2010

EOC Week 11: Class Eval

All in all it was a very good classroom experience. Despite the fact that I did miss two consecutive classes early in quarter due to illness, I worked hard and made an excellent comeback and was truly able to learn what I needed to from this class. First and foremost, the book presented in class was excellent. It was organized and methodical, and easy to read and understand bringing all the necessary concepts together. Lectures and presentations in class (movies) were interesting and relevant to the topics that were covered. One of the major elements which I found to be important was the merging of art and advertising, in a way, once and for all debunking the idea that art has to be separate from capitalism and any form of money making industry all together lest it be considered un-pure by the artistic community. That is simply not the case, and this class did a good job of making that simple fact understood, and the industry itself more appreciated from an artistic perspective. The lectures were concise and to the point given the chapter under study, although I would have liked to see some examples from the professor which lined up more with what the students at this school will understand and are able to reasonably replicate. It is up to us as students to experience it at an appropriate level so that we can grow with the ideas and expand in our own ways. That being said, the class accomplished what it set out to which is give a fundamental understand of the power and scope of the advertising industry. And despite a couple of speed bumps along the way, I believe I did an excellent job of both keeping up with the class, and learning what I needed to. And that being case, I believe I deserve and A.

No comments:

Post a Comment